Camp Fire's Promise:
Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides young people with the
opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within.
Everyone's Welcome at Camp Fire
We are inclusive. And that's not just talk. We live that philosophy by welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or other identification of diversity. Camp Fire is committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and their families to grow, together.
Nature is in Our Nature
When kids get to learn how beautiful their world is--they can make it even better. We emphasize fun ways to explore nature and learn how to protect it. Whether in the inner city or in a camp, the environment provides a perfect laboratory for discovery, curiosity, compassion and concern. Youth are at their best when they can embrace these traits. Kids can change the world. Let's show them how to begin.
Our Core Values
- We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
- We believe the best youth development occurs in small groups where youth are actively involved in creating their own learning.
- We are committed to co-education, providing opportunities for boys and girls to develop together.
- We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
- We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity.
- We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
- We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
- We believe in the power of nature to awaken a child's senses, curiosity and desire to learn.
- We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
- We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.
- We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.